Chris's Background
Everybody has their own unique story, here is mine.
I was born on the east side of Detroit in November 1975. I lived in the city of Detroit until I was 12 and moved to the suburb of Eastpointe (formerly East Detroit). I grew up in a strict Catholic family and wen to Catholic school all my life, so that plays a lot into my personality, good or bad.
I went to the University of Detroit, which was probably the biggest life changing period in my life. I was a very introverted person before I headed to college in 1993. I became a more extroverted person during this period and took more of a role in different groups and affiliations which helped me come out of my shell. It definitely made me a better rounded person. After college I stayed in Detroit, worked in accounting and finance, but felt I need to further my knowledge. I started my post-undergraduate at the University of Michigan in 2000 for my MBA. In the beginning I was working and going to school, which was very challenging. I also wanted continue to join extracirricular activities while at U of M. I wanted to make a difference for the evening students and I did.
While I was at the University of Michigan, I decided to do a study abroad program. I did this for two reason. I always wanted to study abroad and secondly, I had not planned on staying in Michigan, so I did not plan on staying at my job at Kmart, so I felt it was a good way to break off my ties with them. I loved going to the Australian Graduate School of Management in Sydney. It was great to live somewhere else outside of Detroit and also outside of the US. It gives you a totally different perspective. Plus, I also met my co-contributor of this project and roommate of three years, Roy.
Since my trek in Australia, I decided to head to New York for professional and personal reasons and have loved it ever since. I miss Detroit and always enjoy visiting there, but from a career standpoint, I would never be able to enjoy the career opportunities that I have in New York. Over the last week, I have moved over to Brooklyn from Manhattan, which in my short time has given me a different perspective of New York City. And it's only just begun...
Another part that guides my personality is my family and friends. I am very close with my parents and my brother and sisters and I have made friends throughout my life and I cherish all the times that I spent with them. They too have a part in my views...
However, my views are like my life, unique.
I was born on the east side of Detroit in November 1975. I lived in the city of Detroit until I was 12 and moved to the suburb of Eastpointe (formerly East Detroit). I grew up in a strict Catholic family and wen to Catholic school all my life, so that plays a lot into my personality, good or bad.
I went to the University of Detroit, which was probably the biggest life changing period in my life. I was a very introverted person before I headed to college in 1993. I became a more extroverted person during this period and took more of a role in different groups and affiliations which helped me come out of my shell. It definitely made me a better rounded person. After college I stayed in Detroit, worked in accounting and finance, but felt I need to further my knowledge. I started my post-undergraduate at the University of Michigan in 2000 for my MBA. In the beginning I was working and going to school, which was very challenging. I also wanted continue to join extracirricular activities while at U of M. I wanted to make a difference for the evening students and I did.
While I was at the University of Michigan, I decided to do a study abroad program. I did this for two reason. I always wanted to study abroad and secondly, I had not planned on staying in Michigan, so I did not plan on staying at my job at Kmart, so I felt it was a good way to break off my ties with them. I loved going to the Australian Graduate School of Management in Sydney. It was great to live somewhere else outside of Detroit and also outside of the US. It gives you a totally different perspective. Plus, I also met my co-contributor of this project and roommate of three years, Roy.
Since my trek in Australia, I decided to head to New York for professional and personal reasons and have loved it ever since. I miss Detroit and always enjoy visiting there, but from a career standpoint, I would never be able to enjoy the career opportunities that I have in New York. Over the last week, I have moved over to Brooklyn from Manhattan, which in my short time has given me a different perspective of New York City. And it's only just begun...
Another part that guides my personality is my family and friends. I am very close with my parents and my brother and sisters and I have made friends throughout my life and I cherish all the times that I spent with them. They too have a part in my views...
However, my views are like my life, unique.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home